If you’re planning to visit the picturesque city of Santander this summer, you have one more reason to get excited. From August 11th to September 3rd, the parking area of the Sardinero Sports Fields will transform into a melting pot of cultures and emotions with the highly anticipated “2023 Intercultural Festival of Nations.” This annual event, organized by the Santander City Council and Ibero-American Events and Projects, offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in an enriching experience that celebrates global diversity and live music.
A Festival Engaging All Senses
The 16th Santander Intercultural Festival emerges as one of the region’s standout events of the year. With over 70 live performances and more than 500 artists taking the stage, this festival offers a voyage through emotions, cultures, and the flavors of all five continents. From music to gastronomy, and from dance to charitable endeavors, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant and eclectic gathering.
Music takes center stage at this festival, with a lineup catering to all preferences. The climax is the solidarity concert featuring Pitingo on August 24th, presenting his new show ‘Soulería de ida y vuelta’ (‘Soul Journey There and Back’). Accompanied by 13 musicians from different countries, Pitingo brings his passion for cultural unity to the stage. The proceeds from this concert will support the Valterra Daycare Center in the Pesquero neighborhood, embodying the festival’s spirit of solidarity. Moreover, over the course of the 24-day festival, you can enjoy seven themed days, seven tributes to iconic bands and artists, in addition to performances by local groups, dance schools, and immigrant associations. From the Grand Day of Operación Triunfo to an ABBA tribute on Eurovision Day, the music will take you on an unforgettable musical voyage.
A Space for Everyone
The Intercultural Festival of Nations transcends mere music. It’s also an opportunity to plunge into an extensive range of cultural and emotional experiences. This year, you can explore the Plaza of Emotions, a novel space designed to connect with your feelings and emotions. Furthermore, you can partake in charitable and integration activities organized by the Santander Office of Integration and Social Cooperation (OICOS).
A World of Flavors and Colors
No festival is complete without delectable cuisine, and this event is no exception. With booths offering gastronomy from 25 nations, you can savor authentic flavors from around the globe. From traditional dishes to exotic delicacies, your taste buds will embark on a thrilling culinary journey.
Plan Your Visit
The festival operates from 11:00 AM to 12:00 AM from Sunday to Wednesday, and from 11:00 AM to 1:00 AM on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, as well as on the eves of holidays. With free access except for the solidarity concert, this is your chance to delve into a unique intercultural experience while exploring the stunning city of Santander.
An Unmissable Experience: Reserve Your Stay at Hotel Antoyana!
Whether you’re a traveler seeking an unforgettable experience, a guest of Hotel Antoyana in Santander searching for comfort and quality, or simply someone interested in immersing yourself in diversity and music, the 2023 Intercultural Festival of Nations is an event that will captivate you. Get ready for an exhilarating journey through music, culture, and solidarity in the heart of Santander! Seize this distinctive opportunity to explore the city and relish exceptional accommodation at Hotel Antoyana while immersing yourself in the festival’s enchantment. We look forward to sharing unforgettable moments with you at this intercultural celebration!
Friday, August 11:
- 7:00 PM. Doors Open.
Saturday, August 12:
- 7:30 PM and 8:30 PM. Andanzas Dance Center.
- 10:00 PM. Tribute to Elvis Presley by Joe Lewis Elvis.
Sunday, August 13:
- KIDS Festival ‘Dose of Smiles’ (Children’s Cancer Association).
- 12:30 PM. Pure Magic.
- 6:00 PM. Mago Xuso.
- 7:00 PM and 8:30 PM. Raúl Campo Dance School.
- 9:30 PM. Agrupación Puertochico.
Monday, August 14:
- 7:30 PM and 9:30 PM. Covadonga Viadero Dance School.
- 8:30 PM and 10:30 PM. Tribute to Michael Jackson by MJ The Legend Continues.
Tuesday, August 15 – Public Holiday:
- 12:30 PM and 6:00 PM. KIDS Festival ‘Be the Beat Cantabria’. With magician Luis Herrero and Maggie. Dance and Afrohouse workshop.
- 7:00 PM and 8:30 PM. Oasis Dance School.
- 10:00 PM. Four Breakers. Soul, Rhythm & Blues, and Funky.
Wednesday, August 16:
- 7:30 PM and 9:00 PM. Gloria Rueda Dance School.
- 10:00 PM. Lost in Covers. Versions of the best pop-rock of all time.
Thursday, August 17:
- 7:00 PM. Mi Bello Perú Association.
- 7:30 PM. Women United by Friendship Association.
- 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. The Lab Dance Studio.
- 10:00 PM. The Chigros. Music to enjoy.
Friday, August 18:
- Operation Triunfo’s Grand Day.
- 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Olga Fuertes Dance School.
- 8:00 PM. Herre, urban music.
- 10:00 PM. Natalia with Gisela and Naím Thomas from Operation Triunfo.
Saturday, August 19:
- 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Cristina García Dance School.
- 8:00 PM. Joe Martín, Prince of Bachata.
- 10:00 PM. Tribute to Miguel Bosé by Boseido.
Sunday, August 20:
- KIDS Festival ‘Dose of Smiles’, Children’s Cancer Association.
- 12:30 PM. Star Wars Workshops.
- 6:00 PM. Comic Magic with Rissoto.
- 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Contratempo Dance School.
- 8:00 PM. Passion of the North, Los Arenales Neighborhood Association.
- 10:00 PM. ‘Amalgama’, with Son de Flamenco.
Monday, August 21:
- 7:00 PM. CAF/FAC African Fraternity of Cantabria.
- 7:30 PM. Maximum Women of the World in Action.
- 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Yayvadanza Dance School.
- 10:00 PM. Tribute to El Último de la Fila with Pájaros de Barro.
Tuesday, August 22:
- 7:00 PM. Peruvian Cultural Brisas del Callao.
- 7:30 PM. Cuban Association of Santander.
- 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Du-In by Duel Marisma, Zumba School.
- 10:00 PM. Bolero Night.
Wednesday, August 23:
- 7:00 PM. ACD Manos Morenas.
- 7:30 PM. From the Heart of the United Diaspora Association.
- 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Alexmar Skating School.
- 10:00 PM. Tribute to Dire Straits by The Northern Straits.
Thursday, August 24:
- 10:00 PM. Solidarity Concert by Pitingo presents ‘Soulería de ida y vuelta’. Buy your ticket here.
- General admission: 15 euros.
- Minors and people with disabilities: free.
Friday, August 25:
- America’s Day.
- 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Dance and movement by Begoña Machín.
- 8:00 PM. Álex Saavedra & Cía Tardeo Latino.
- 10:00 PM. Jenny and The Mexicats.
Saturday, August 26:
- 6:30 PM and 7:30 PM. Alexmar Dance School.
- 7:30 PM and 9:30 PM. Fototareco Show. Comedy show.
- 10:30 PM. Tribute to Tina Turner by The Replicants Rock Band.
Sunday, August 27:
- Integration Day.
- 12:30 PM and 5:00 PM. KIDS Festival ‘Be the Beat Cantabria’.
- 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Mariachi Real Jalisco.
- 7:00 PM. DJ Salserín with plenty of swing.
- 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM. Fonotareco Show. Comedy show.
Monday, August 28:
- Ukraine Day.
- 7:00 PM. Nadiya Association of Ukrainians.
- 7:30 PM. Ukrainians of Cantabria Oberig.
- 8:00 PM. Choirs for Peace in Ukraine.
- 9:00 PM. Imbira Dance School.
- 10:00 PM. Altamar. Greatest hits of the 60s and 70s.
Tuesday, August 29:
- 7:30 PM and 8:45 PM. Básico Dance Center, Marta Escalante.
- 10:00 PM. The Gordini Rock.
- 11:00 PM. Fireworks.
Wednesday, August 30:
- KIDS Festival ‘Dose of Smiles’, Children’s Cancer Association.
- 12:30 PM. Minidisco Smiles.
- 6:00 PM. Rissoto & Osky Circus.
- 7:00 PM and 8:45 PM. Sofía Palencia Dance Group.
- 10:00 PM. Quenovi in Concert, rock group.
Thursday, August 31:
- Spanish Pop Day.
- 7:00 PM. La Blanquirroja Sports and Cultural Association of Santander.
- 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Zumba dance with Ivodance.
- 10:00 PM. The Golden Age of Spanish Pop.
Friday, September 1:
- 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Yolanda Cano Dance School.
- 8:00 PM. Sardinero Choral Group.
- 10:00 PM. Parachutes, Coldplay tribute.
Saturday, September 2 – Eurovision Day:
- 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Mamarumba Wellness Center.
- 8:00 PM. Mikan in Concert.
- 10:00 PM. Abbatastic, Abba tribute.
Sunday, September 3:
- Ecuador Day, guest country.
- 12:30 PM. KIDS Festival ‘Be the Beat Cantabria’.
- 6:00 PM. Ecuatorianos Amigos en el Reencuentro Association. Mayimbes Group.
- 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Bendita Locura Dance Studio.
- 8:00 PM. Traditional Costume Parade.
- 10:00 PM. Ana Chao, local talent.